The importance of mentorship in the next generation’s lives

 



There’s a famous book “Tuesday with Morrie”, written by Mitch Albom in which the character Morrie quotes “The most important thing I can say to you is, 'Teach.' You want to know what's wrong with the world? Ask yourself what's right with it. When you get the answer to that, go out and teach somebody.” This line made an outstanding mark on my beliefs, when I first read the book. Giving you a short glimpse, this is a heartwarming story of a dying professor imparting life lessons to his former student, showcasing the transformative power of mentorship and wisdom it can offer. 

There are innumerable facts and real life examples where we can clearly see the importance of mentorship in any generation, whether it be the age of Chanakya’s authority or the digital era of Physics Wala, Khan Sir and many more. At every step of doubt, one looks forward to the resolution suggested by their mentor. And it’s not necessary that the guidance should be in academics only. Life is itself a great battlefield to conquer. So do its complications. Believe me, even the great scholars need a helping hand and torch bearer to mentor them at some point of their lives. 

Mentorship is like a muscle memory, the more you get used to it, the more you will find ease in your work. In the classic movie “The Karate Kid”, we can see a great mentor-student relationship, which no doubt has shown how the right guidance extends beyond the specific skills to instill valuable life lessons. This bond only will wrap you with deeper conversation, and show the realities of your own shadows. You might be a good player, but with a mentor, you can become a sportsperson. This small influence can make anyone a bright human for the coming future.

As we know, the next generation is on the verge of being exposed to the giant techno AI world, where everything is available. But here comes the twist, they will not be able to figure out what is right for them, even after having abundant data to explore. The only thing that can save them from getting lost is mentorship, because it will give the human-touch to the opinions. Whether we will be facing an emotional crisis or need a hug to cope up with the ugly heart break or the moral support after failing for zillion times, only a mentor can save the golden spot, not the technology. That’s why many companies and organizations have separate committees for mentorship programs.

I was always mentored by my grandfather, and also many people came side-by-side, playing their own role in their expertise. Honestly, I sometimes never knew I needed that support, but deep down I am so thankful to all of them who corrected me at my worst and appreciated me at my best. In a world that constantly evolves, one constant remains i.e. the invaluable role of mentorship in shaping the lives of the next generation. 

I have witnessed it. Everyone should.



This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2023

Comments

  1. Who more than me knows the role Baba played in mentoring you and I must say you are one lucky human beings who had a mentor. I mentored & I am still mentoring students, wannabes (which you know) but I never had a mentor but that did not equate to my absence of personal or professional growth. I faced unique challenges no doubt about it but I had the opportunity to make my own path supported by invisible independence. I strongly feel mentorship is valuable but definitely not the sole determinant or a factor to decide anyone’s potential. I was and I will remain fan of your blogs especially the way you handle the topics/theme. A bang on start of the marathon by you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you ( but believe me, you are own mentor! That make sense, right ?)

      Delete
  2. Love the way you correlate such hard concepts with movies, it becomes easy to understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. Relating with references make it more effortless.

      Delete
  3. Perfectly elaborated the role of mentorship. I loved the way how you have interconnected everything with books and movies , specially the starting quotation of the book "Tuesday's with Morrie". Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read your fantastic work. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A much needed topic to be shared with everyone. Mentorship is crucial in this world because of ample distractions coming up each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The influence of a mentor is much more powerful than we believe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've often thought about how crucial mentorship will be for the next generation in this fast-paced, tech-driven world. With so much information available, it's easy to get lost. Mentorship is indeed a powerful force for positive change.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What does FREEDOM mean to me?

Navratri Bloghop