Vikram Vedha : A story of a line of judgement


What happens when there is no code of conduct to demonstrate what is right or wrong? What happens when there will always be a dilemma to decide whether an evil side of story is actually the one, world interprets or is it just the normal story of livelihood? Who decides this honor of judgement?

I was spellbound after seeing the impressive storyline of this movie. It's not like this is a fresh perspective of Bollywood's innovation. I know people will attack this remake as usual. And honestly, I have not seen the original "Vikram Vedha" till now, because I didn't want to ruin my vision on the basis of that and evaluate its xerox copy just like the world did for Lal Singh Chadda. (Yes I said it, don't hate me!)

This is not a movie review, but my mind's extraction of conscience. Few things really stuck in my mind after seeing this movie, and I couldn't stop myself writing about it, so here it is.

Giving a baseline on this, the story revolves around an act of decision on the basis of right and wrong. But the twist is, there is not always a clear picture of it. It talks about a line which separates the deeds of righteousness and iniquity. The conclusion will always be easy to do the justice based on the crystal picture of play.
A consistent performance of horse with not-so-trustworthy blinkers!

But what if decision has to be made if there is nothing clear. What if both parties are on same side of morality, then who will be wrong? The one who caused less dreadful storms with maximum causalities or the one who maintains decorum of perfectness with an extreme act of evil influence. What happens when there is no line of decisive patterns? Will the line becomes invisible or a flawed circle of smog?

The more you will be involved in this illusion, the more it will be complicated to decide! The narration of Vikram-Betal era is an impeccable example of this exact ball game of opinions. There is nothing 100%! There will always be a chunk of residual wickedness in the right thing, and there will always be a small act of innocence in the evil thing!

I will leave up to your standard of discernment of choosing sides. But let me know in comments, what do you think about this sensitive concern of ethical challenge?

Comments

  1. Very well written. The way you have portrayed the essence of the movie is really commendable. Now ,I will definitely watch this movie .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. Now I'm curious. Will watch the movie and maybe comeback again with my two cents.đŸ˜¬

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly I have not seen the original VV, though I heard a lot and secondly remakes in Hindi tanked hopelessly (Lal Singh Chadha being your own watch) and you won’t believe I watched - Bachchhan Pandey and Jersey, don’t ask me why! Now VV’s Hindi remake is in the market. Should I or shouldn’t I was definitely roaming round and round in my rectangle mind but after I read what you wrote about the movie, I am in, but will I watch it at the multiplex or in my room theatre, a question no astrologer can reply for sure. When I heard the title VV- somewhere in my occupied brain, Vikram Betaal hit me and after reading your review, I patted myself for thinking on the right line. We face many problems in our lives, most of them come with relatively straightforward solutions, but ethical challenges (EC) does not get along an obvious solution that would comply with ethical norms. I really have no idea what kind of EC VV’s story has in it but in reality I faced an EC - I was not given credit for my work in my previous organisation, it drew me to the zenith of my temper and only I know how I handled this situation - just an example, really don’t want to go back to that time. Back to your review, you have thrown many questions to us - the reader compelling us to watch the movie and whenever I watch it, you’ll be the first person I’ll come back to with answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much di for giving detailed and honest review of my blog. You should watch this movie. And it will be a fun discussion between us on your perspective of this movie then :)

      Delete
  4. Krishna Dwaipayan SahooOctober 6, 2022 at 12:15 AM

    You have really piqued the interest by producing this unbiased review. Thank god you didn't watch the original version... not because it is good, but that might have marred your experience of Bolly version. I have no doubt that Saif Ali Khan and Hrithik Roshan would have delivered a spectacle through their acting prowess. However, more than that, your description of the story, without giving the spoilers, has moved me to watch this movie. Thank you very much for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What does FREEDOM mean to me?

The importance of mentorship in the next generation’s lives

Navratri Bloghop