What if your diary starts talking to you!


Tight lipped and curious
as always,
I wait for you.
For you to come and just touch me for a while,
I will predict your day’s bygones
or at least,
let you barf out.
I'll let you scribble down everything.
But wait, first let me breathe for a minute.
I was exhausted, 
confined in the closet.
My pages are crisp in all seasons,
but sometimes, monsoons make my world humid.
I want to scream out of this room,
this rugged cover or away from you.
Oh sorry, I expressed more than you!
Ok, go on, tell me more..
Yes, I know about your unstitched kurta,
and torn bookmarks.
Yes, I have heard about switching stories
from becoming a crush to love of your life to being stranger. 
Yes, I cried with you last time
Yes, I make fun of your fashion all day
Yes, I enjoyed your vacation a little more.
Do I know you enough?
Is there anything left?
Are we seriously bros?
Do you even know me?
Yes, I too want to leave this world!
Good night!


This post is a part of Blogchatter Blog Hop #BlogchatterBlogHop 

Comments

  1. It's so beautifully put....❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have put the feelings in a very beautiful and poetic way ❤️

    I have never imagined that my dairy is also living the same life. My dairy would be other side of me and definitely a better adviser to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diaries are your secret companions. You can vent out bottled up emotions. By writing in a diary it feels you are talking to a close friend, when your diary starts talking to you, you feel your words are being heard and reciprocated. Things we dont know or we tend to forget, even those are remembered by our diaries which make you rewind the memories when you sit to read the written pages someday in future. For me diary is the best friend you can have - unbiased, honest and loyal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice representation of your diary, Priety. Yes, they us better than ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What does FREEDOM mean to me?

The importance of mentorship in the next generation’s lives

Navratri Bloghop