Book Review #54 : Absolute Khushwant - The Low-Down on Life, Death and Most Things In-Between by Khushwant Singh


Have you ever sat beside an old-experienced person and listened to their life story? This book feels the same. I was literally imagining the journey with him, experiencing the whole juggled path in his ways. 

“Absolute Khushwant” is not exactly a memoir, but tribute to his own thoughts throughout his life. You can totally feel the real Khushwant Singh, explaining his ideologies, memories, emotions, work ethics and a lot more masala. He started with very subtle topics about his first love, sex, marriage and regrets.  And then continued with broader topics like politics, writing career, partition, communism, his native land Pakistan, religions, and his love for Urdu language. He patiently explained about the taboo topic of death too.

I am not saying I agreed with everything he told or believed, but I felt like I was listening to someone's perception of living a grand life. I have not even lived half of what he survived. But I am looking forward to doing so many experiments and adventures. 

I recommend everyone to read this book, not to change any of your perception towards life but to embrace what you believe and carry on your legacy the way you like it. 

Quoting his last words from the book :

"Kya poochho ho haal merey karobaar ka,
Aaeeney bechta hoon andhon ke sheher me."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does FREEDOM mean to me?

The importance of mentorship in the next generation’s lives

Navratri Bloghop