Daydreaming conversations with fictional characters


Have you ever encountered fictional incidents in your dreams? I know it’s very common and people use to weave unrelated scenarios in their good night REM sleeps. But I wonder how many of you are daydreamers, chatting random talks of life with fictional characters from books/movies/web-series! Strange right?

 

I am not exaggerating by writing my weird thoughts, while having conversations with so many people in my mind. And that too in between my mundane tasks.


Sometimes while switching on the light, I casually say “Lumos”. And then imagine Dumbledore clapping, for making him proud by “switching on the light” (hahaha, iykyk). 


Sometimes I just stare at the words on the virtual letter, written by Augustus Waters from The faults in our stars. I try to feel the pain Hazel must have come across through her soul. I repeat his dialogues “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.” and think of some random lover of mine, who might be disappointed after meeting me and experiencing a non-romantic at the other side of this universe. And still I tell him, you will be fine with me. 


Sometimes I roam in the local streets of Afghanistan, and meet Amir. I share my hardships with him, stating the fact of nostalgia I experienced in my younger days, when I used to cry in the bathroom for no reason. I expect him to react and console me by stating more hardships of his life that he didn't even mention in the “Kite Runner


Sometimes I imagine myself in Treta yuga, assisting Sita - the epitome of graceful beauty. I imagine her from “The Forest of Enchantments” and tell her how differently she is depicted in the T.V. 's version. I share my thoughts on how much I admire her, more than even Rama. 


Sometimes I just fly with “Jonathan Livingston Seagull”, accompanying him in experiencing beauties of heights. 


Sometimes I just sit down beside “Morrie” and rant about my overthinking issues with him. I tell him about how much I miss my Baba and his voice. 


Sometimes I act like “Eleanor Oliphant” and make her believe that everything is fine. Feeling not-OK is completely fine. I tell her how doing nothing and listening to songs and eating ice cream can make my soul happier. I tell her how I feel about my mental health and ask her to come with me, to buy vegetables someday. 


Sometimes I explore with “Nora Seed” in her dreamy midnight library. I imagine myself picking up my past-books and mending it as per my choice. I imagine her, suggesting me not to pick history sections and telling me all the barriers she faced after choosing the strange journey. I imagine telling her that I will build a secret library at my place and will invite her for its inauguration. 


Sometimes I don't even remember why I was blabbering in my head for no reason, and with whom I was talking heart-to-heart!

 

This happens with me on a random Wednesday or on weekends. I am sure few of the readers must be judging me, but trust me, try out yourself. You will have fun, I promise. 


This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2023

Comments

  1. Your fictionary imagination is superlative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel when you are totally engrossed with the character and the book, it is very normal to daydream and be like that character. Let me confess I am deeply in love with the character Professor Robert Langdon for his intellectuality and intelligence, he is someone who I would love to get married to, atleast in my daydream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's refreshing to know that someone else daydreams about having a heart-to-heart with Augustus Waters from "The Fault in Our Stars.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What does FREEDOM mean to me?

The importance of mentorship in the next generation’s lives

Navratri Bloghop