#NaPoWriMo2023 : DAY 13

 


Love

I dreamt of you last night.
And I am awaken now,
thinking of the fallen leaves 
and you.

Amongst the spring trees,
you were glowing with grief.
I called for the reason, 
you were hiding behind the bushes.
But you ignored me 
and settled with your drogue chutes.
Why am I feeling the same flakiness then,
like the worn-out souls?

I can’t find my neck,
where you had marked love.
I feel like a lost platoon
in the accepted crowd.
I can be 
as free as clouds,
as bright as colors.
Then why does everything seem unassuming?

I dreamt of you last night.
And I am awaken now,
thinking of you. 
It feels like a kiss, 
isn’t it?

Prompts:

• Do you remember the last sentences that lead to your first kiss? Write a poem using it as the first or last sentence #Therandomlifafa #NaPoWriMoXShikhaholic @therandomlifafa

• Grief #thealiporepostpoetrymonth @thealiporepost

• What if you wake up as a shape-shifter? #ebanapowrimo'23 @elitebookawards


This post is a part of #BlogchatterA2Z 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does FREEDOM mean to me?

The importance of mentorship in the next generation’s lives

Navratri Bloghop