#NaPoWriMo2023 : DAY 14

 


Memory

One can’t ever escape curating fantasies, after reading fictional stuff. And I think, some memories just become a physical entity in our dreams, due to these very apt fictional characters we bond in real lives. Isn’t it a riveting story, where our memories are stored and organized on shelves, like archives of our incidents and places and people. Whatever we think or do the whole day, our brain places all pieces back to their respective shelves every night, timely.

Last night, my memory blocks were complaining to me. It seems like I am increasing their workload by making them perform the same task again and again, pulling the same book from my shelf, and doing post-mortem of emotions and resemblance with the present. 

I wonder, is it possible to relive the same feelings, through these crossheads? I generally wander through the floors of dark barren nerve cells and collect their subtlety, only to take a glimpse of the past. And it actually works. It actually heals the evergreen pain, one holds up for so long. It actually acts as a relieving-balm on the wounds and lets you slowly forget the intensity of your mental anguishes. 

So yes, if somebody asks me if God is everywhere, where do you think the pained hearts go, I would definitely convince them that there’s only one place and that is our dreams.

Prompts:
• If God is everywhere, where do you think the pained hearts go? #Therandomlifafa #NaPoWriMoXShikhaholic @therandomlifafa

• Wander #thealiporepostpoetrymonth @thealiporepost

• Memory as a physical entity #ebanapowrimo'23 @elitebookawards


This post is a part of #BlogchatterA2Z 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does FREEDOM mean to me?

The importance of mentorship in the next generation’s lives

Navratri Bloghop