#NaPoWriMo2023 : DAY 25


X-ray your words


I am consoling my plant’s journal today

where pages were crying,

yearning for last cigarette 

only to dry out salty tears.

Classic words were sobbing,

for seasonal floras,

delicate and stagnant.


Where have you been,

Oh timeless pioneer?

Small ones were innocent,

creepers were distracted, 

giant fiddle-leaf fig were still breathing

but all were dead inside,

begging for fresh emotions.


I don’t know what to say,

lost in their battle cries.

I am sorry,

I failed to realize.


Prompts:
• Death of my houseplants #ebanapowrimo'23 @elitebookawards


This post is a part of #BlogchatterA2Z 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does FREEDOM mean to me?

The importance of mentorship in the next generation’s lives

Navratri Bloghop