#NaPoWriMo2023 : DAY 6

 

Finding presence through senses


I know 

how to protect myself

from so much 

but not you. 

Not at all!


People say it’s dream,

scientists quote it as “REM” cycle,

but my heart says

it's all the flashbacks

that keeps going

on and on.


I am trapped here

catching a glimpse of past,

arranging flowers and thorns

on the shelves.


I am pinned down

in a closet of nerve cells

every night,

to wake up again

as rubbed-out fresh start

every day!


A mare’s nest,

a cuckoo’s voice,

a random encounter in Midwest,

or a ritual with no choice,

I know

how to defend myself

from all the poetic riots

but not you.

Not at all!



Prompts:
• I know how to protect myself from so much but not you. Not at all. #Therandomlifafa #NaPoWriMoXShikhaholic @therandomlifafa

• Ritual #thealiporepostpoetrymonth @thealiporepost

• Poetic riot #daydreamingprompts @daydreamingpoems

• Write a poem that capture the feeling of being trapped in a dream and unable to wake up #ebanapowrimo'23 @elitebookawards


This post is a part of #BlogchatterA2Z 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does FREEDOM mean to me?

The importance of mentorship in the next generation’s lives

Navratri Bloghop