#NaPoWriMo2023 : DAY 19


 
Ride with the pain

What’s exactly 
the beauty of wine?

I asked everyone,
anticipating what’s more
one can add from their dictionary.
Few told
‘it's a warm blanket on cozy days’,
Few claimed
‘it glorifies, with age and company’.
But I am still searching,
lingering in dark corners,
between Gods or positivity.

I laugh and cry
at my best and lowest,
but the power that I need
comes from 
two pupils of my eyes,
who always worshiped
infinity and beyond,
like Hanuman of Ramayana.

I carry you
in my heart,
sprinkling water every morning,
keeping you fresh
only to make you believe,
Yes,
that I will pass on to descendants
of kindness and love.

Words are never enough
for reminiscing memory book,
decorated piece by piece
raised with extreme love
nurtured above the expectations
I call them teasers 
the little glimpses 
of understanding,
that flows like water
abundant but insufficient.


Prompts:
• Write a poem for someone. Someone you love/hate/can’t forget. But it needs to be for someone. #Therandomlifafa #NaPoWriMoXShikhaholic @therandomlifafa

• Blanket #thealiporepostpoetrymonth @thealiporepost

• My tears give birth to trauma poetry #ebanapowrimo'23 @elitebookawards

This post is a part of #BlogchatterA2Z 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does FREEDOM mean to me?

The importance of mentorship in the next generation’s lives

Navratri Bloghop