#NaPoWriMo2023 : DAY 30

 


Please don’t ask me why do I write,
join me in my expedition
of exploring words and rhythms
and you will know
beyond horizons of lyrical world,
there’s a small galaxy
I created it on my own.

There are clouds,
of thoughts and experiences,
analysis and consequences,
there’s stillness,
like water and patience,
faith and complacence,
there’s fire,
on the nerves and veins,
vivid mountains and planes,
and then there’s me,
resting in the firefly-lit summer night
carefree and quiet.

And still if you ask me,
why do I write,
I will show my ways
of dawn and dusky days
where I paint people and rainbows
on a literary canvas.
I breathe, see and feel
through alphabets,
where screen connects
to virtual galaxies
of love and friendships,
reminding little packets of gossips
scattered on my balcony.

But please don’t ask me
why do I write,
instead read my mind
between the lines
and come to me,
for feedback and suggestions,
and we will talk for ages, 
just like I do with my pen.


Prompts:
• Tell me honestly, why do you write? #Therandomlifafa #NaPoWriMoXShikhaholic @therandomlifafa
• Rest  #thealiporepostpoetrymonth @thealiporepost
• Firefly-lit summer night  #ebanapowrimo'23 @elitebookawards

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does FREEDOM mean to me?

The importance of mentorship in the next generation’s lives

Navratri Bloghop