#NaPoWriMo2023 : DAY 21


 

Tune out the Noise

He loved me
like a calendar.
Checked each date
with to-do pleasures,
missed his pain
while spending emotional treasures,
cooked for me,
sang me for,
dance, play and
what not for me.
And with every passing day,
he maintained an archive
of the experiences
shared and forecasted.

Now he realizes,
the numbers of
days and months and years
act like a memory pill.
The more one gets,
the more one desires.
But the current present
can never be set as past digits.

Still, he holds dear
of all the pages,
to remember them on
good and bad days.
Love might hurt both,
but it shouldn’t be painful all the time,
I guess!

Prompts:
• Love can hurt you, but it shouldn’t be painful all the time #Therandomlifafa #NaPoWriMoXShikhaholic @therandomlifafa

• Forecast #thealiporepostpoetrymonth @thealiporepost

• One day you will be remembered #ebanapowrimo'23 @elitebookawards


This post is a part of #BlogchatterA2Z 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does FREEDOM mean to me?

The importance of mentorship in the next generation’s lives

Navratri Bloghop