Book Review #42 : Murder In Melucha Sequel to Magicians of Madh by Aditi Krishnakumar


I was quite skeptical while starting this book “Murder In Melucha” as it is clearly written - “Sequel to Magicians of Madh”. Getting all the characters, story plots, the extravaganzas, and the gist of climax will surely be left out - that was my perception before reading the book. Yes, I do felt somewhere that the experience could have been better if I would have read the first part as well i.e.  Magicians of Madh. But believe me, even though I was unaware of the past this book holds, I thoroughly enjoyed all the fictitious elements.

The story revolves around the happenings of the magical city of Melucha. Everything that Kalban and Meenakshi had experienced in the sovereignty of Madh, was just a trailer for their journey ahead in Melucha. I bet the readers must have tightened their belt for the mysterious start of a murder.  The overall drama was carried out in the third person’s eyes, where you can’t take your eyes off the perceptions the author is presenting from time to time.

Sometimes you will find the suspect right in front of your eyes, but again you couldn’t even take a guess how it all happened. You will be shocked by the perplexity of scorpions, snakes and the suspicions. 
No doubt, Krishnakumar has depicted all the sceneries in words, but I believe that the pictures of this sorcerous world would have made the characters more alive. But nevertheless, anyone can enjoy this charming fantasy genre.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does FREEDOM mean to me?

The importance of mentorship in the next generation’s lives

Navratri Bloghop