Book Review #4 : "The Forest of Enchantments" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

 


Honestly, I picked this book only because of author Chitra Banerjee. She had set a bar already by her book -Palace of Illusions, and after reading that it's like, I am looking forward to the new perspectives.

Forest of Enchantments, Sitayan, is a whole amalgamation of Sita's point of view. This book describes the struggles and the partial world for women, of all ages.
No doubt, Ramayan must have read by all, but this one will give you a different story plot, from every women's angle, existed throughout Sita's life.
What I mostly admired is the diverse definitions of "love" author has scribbled. At every crux of the matter, Sita has a constructed significance of love, and its byproducts.


I love this genre, and I must say, I enjoyed every bit of portrayed visions and lucid way of writing.


For more, follow me on goodreads 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does FREEDOM mean to me?

The importance of mentorship in the next generation’s lives

Navratri Bloghop